The study programme
The study programme Environmental Protection Engineering is aimed at training engineers that are able to solve issues related to the management and protection of the environment by: monitoring environmental factors; identifying issues; providing solutions, selecting, exploiting and maintaining adequate equipment; carrying out specialized studies for determining the interaction between natural factors, human activities and environment quality; carrying out environmental projects.
It is focused on developing competences and abilities that are permanently adapted to the requirements of the labour market, such as:
- Explaining the mechanisms, processes and effects that are anthropic in nature or generated by natural causes determining and influencing environment pollution;
- Managing and providing solutions for specific environmental problems;
- Developing the ability to draw contrastive analyses and to forward solutions for sustainable development;
- Applying general principles of technological calculus;
- Designing and exploiting systems for monitoring polluting factors;
- Environment quality control, impact evaluation and elaborating technological options that provide a reduced environment impact, in accordance with BAT requirements and with existing legislation;
- Carrying out activities that are specific to the management and marketing of the environmental protection engineering;
- Identifying roles and responsibilities in a multidisciplinary team and applying techniques that enhance collaboration and efficient work in a team;
- Using informational and communicational resources as well as assisted professional training (web portals, Internet, applications, databases, etc) in solving issues pertaining to environmental engineering, both in Romanian and well as in an international language.
- Teaching activities in pre-university education.
Potential jobs for graduates
- Environmental auditor;
- Environmental monitoring specialist;
- Environmental amenable;
- Environmental protection inspector;
- Environmental analyst;
- Specialized environmentalist inspector;
- Environmentalist engineer;
- Inspector for ecological conformity;
- Waste management specialist;
- Documentation specialist;
- Environmental advisor;
- Research engineer in sanitary and environmental protection engineering.
- Research and development institutes;
- Multinational companies, small and medium-sized enterprises;
- The Environmental Agency;
- The Environmental Police;
- Service suppliers.
Form of education full attendance cycle
Duration of studies 4 years
Tuition Options budgeted places and tuition places for full attendance cycles
Certificates issued upon graduation
- Engineer Diploma accompanied by the European format diploma supplement;
- Linguistic competence certificate for the foreign language studied during faculty (English or French)
· Research and development institutes;
· Multinational companies, small and medium-sized enterprises;
· The Environmental Agency;
· The Environmental Police;
· Service suppliers.