The study programme
The study programme Electrical Power Systems Engineering trains specialists in the field of Power Engineering so that they develop the ability to carry out their activity in the design, accomplishment, exploitation and optimization of electrical power transport and distribution systems.
This specialization has evolved continuously from the perspective of educational syllabi, primarily due to post-revolution contacts with European Universities and due to the integration into the European academic environment. The electromechanical engineer continues to play a pivotal role owing to the continuous evolution of design and production technologies and due to the increasing complexity of equipment and installations used in all areas of activity (industry, services and household). Hence, the request for specialists with multi-disciplinary competences and abilities to be integrated in a globalized highly-qualified labour market.
- Elaborating the necessary documentation for the production, set up, maintenance, fine-tuning and usage of equipment that are specific to the electrical power domain and accomplishment of technical projects;
- Using computer technologies and applying them to the power engineering domain;
- Carrying out and coordinating experiments and trials, making measurements analyzing and processing the data obtained;
- Acquiring knowledge about the construction and functioning principles of components of power systems;
- Carrying out and harnessing installations for the production, transport and distribution of electrical power;
- Ensuring safety in the exploitation of electrical power systems;
- Surveillance, control, command and automation of electrical power systems;
- Increasing performance of electrical power systems and updating current electrical grids to intelligent grids;
- Electrical power quality management;
- Optimizing the functioning of installations used in the production, transport and distribution of power;
- Promoting advanced technologies with the purpose of integrating renewable energy sources;
- Solving management issues, professional communication, ethics issues as well as issues concerning engineering legislation and environmental protection legislation.
Upon completing the Bachelor of Science studies, graduates are presented with the opportunity to continue training in Master of Science Programs in the domain of Power Engineering by enrolling in one of the masteral programs: Computerized Power systems and The Management of Power Engineering Processes.
Potential jobs for graduates
- Power engineer;
- Dispatch engineer in distribution grid and high voltage dispatch engineer;
- Power systems design engineer;
- Research assistant in power engineering;
- Technical advisor;
- Teacher in pre-university and vocational education.
- The National Electrical Power Grid;
- The National Power Dispatch Office and local dispatch offices;
- Electrical power distribution companies (CEZ, Electrica, ENEL, EON);
- Companies specialized in electrical power systems setup and maintenance (ENERGOMONTAJ, SMART);
- Companies supplying electrical equipment for the electrical power sector (ABB, SIEMENS, AREVA, Teletrans);
- Project developers for renewable energy sources;
- Operators and regulators for the electrical power market (OPCOM, ANRE);
- Enterprises carrying out design and execution activities of electrical installations for medium and low voltage;
- Research centres;
- Transport companies (CFR).
Form of education full attendance cycle
Duration of studies 4 years
Tuition Options budgeted places and tuition places for full attendance cycles
Certificates issued upon graduation
- Engineer Diploma accompanied by the European format diploma supplement;
- Linguistic competence certificate for the foreign language studied during faculty (English or French)