The study programme
The study programme Aviation Equipment and Installations trains engineers in the field of Aerospace Engineering, in the direction of aviation specific equipment and systems ( either airborne or confined to the ground) while providing an opening towards other related domains such as Transport Engineering ( cars, railway vehicles, maritime and river-borne ships) or towards the wider domain of automation.
To this end, the disciplines taught to students are adequately distributed and correlated, the syllabus contains fundamental subjects (for basic engineering training), aerospace domain-specific disciplines ( aircraft and engine construction, aircraft mechanics etc) and specialized disciplines (automation onboard of aircraft, dashboard computers navigation and traffic control, automatic piloting, onboard electrically powered installations, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, installations and systems etc). The teaching activities are constantly improved and correlated with the specific requirements of the labour market. They are completed by practical laboratory work, computer aided design and practice as well as by internship programmes.
The Aerospace Engineering Laboratories are aimed as much at training students as they are aimed at carrying out fundamental and applicative research. It boasts over 100 laboratory platforms, most of which are computer aided. The laboratory is endowed with four aircraft (a supersonic jet, a passenger plane and two training aircraft) integrated organically into the laboratory work, two functional aircraft engines, a subsonic air tunnel, as well as 20 computers (work stations) destined to the training of graduates and to the design and research activities.
The graduate training activities seek to develop students’ general and specific abilities and competences, such as:
- Using fundamental knowledge of engineering in diverse applications in the field and in related fields;
- Designing and computer simulating equipment and onboard or ground systems;
- Exploitation, maintenance, defect diagnosis equipment testing of onboard or ground systems;
- Complex project management and/or technical and economic activities;
- Teaching activities for secondary and vocational education;
- Using informational communicational and professional training resources both in Romanian and in an international language.
Bachelor of Science graduates from the specialization Aviation Equipment and Installations can pursue a master programme such as Complex Systems for Aerospace Engineering at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering at the University of Craiova, following which they can pursue a PhD program in the field of Aerospace Engineering.
Potential jobs for graduates
- Design/production/exploitation of equipment and installations/ automation/onboard flight computers engineer;
- Design/production/exploitation of equipment and installations engineer for other vehicle categories (terrestrial, marine) and/or automation engineer;
- Research engineer in the field of aerospace engineering or in related fields (automation, electrical , electromechanical hydraulic and pneumatic equipment);
- Air traffic controller; engineer for the exploitation/ maintenance of specific equipment (traffic control, navigation, radiolocation) on the ground;
- Teacher of technical disciplines in secondary or vocational education;
- Onboard engineer/ navigator for passenger aircraft;
- Test pilot engineer (only for piloting licensed engineers);
- Specialized inspector in transport (airline transport in particular).
- Companies producing aircraft and/or subassemblies and aircraft flight equipment;
- Companies producing automobiles, ships, railroad material and/or equipment and subassemblies;
- Airline companies; terrestrial transport companies;
- Aviation military units or units pertaining to the national defence system (missiles, radiolocation, territorial surveillance);
- Agencies or institutions with involvement in the domain of navigation, flight safety and control, airline transport/ transportation;
- Education institutions.
Form of education full attendance cycle
Duration of studies 4 years
Tuition Options budgeted places and tuition places
Certificates issued upon graduation
- Engineer Diploma accompanied by the European format diploma supplement;
- Linguistic competence certificate for the foreign language studied during faculty (English or French)